ZUBSOLV—for the maintenance treatment of opioid dependence
Easy to take
ZUBSOLV is available in 2 doses:
- Individually sealed in the highest level of child-resistant unit-dose blister packs (F1 child-resistant)
Depending on screen size and magnification, tablets may not be actual size.
However, the relative sizes of the tablets are accurate.
To remove ZUBSOLV tablets from the blister pack fold across and tear down:
As soon as you remove your prescribed dose of ZUBSOLV from the blister pack:
- Place the tablet under your tongue. If more than 1 tablet is required, place the tablets in different places under your tongue at the same time
Let the tablet dissolve completely. ZUBSOLV usually dissolves in your mouth within 5 minutes. If your mouth is dry, take a sip of water to moisten it. Spit out or swallow the water and dry your hands if they are wet before you place the ZUBSOLV tablet under your tongue
Important Information about taking ZUBSOLV
- While ZUBSOLV is dissolving, do not chew or swallow the tablet because the medicine will not work as well
- Do not eat or drink anything until the ZUBSOLV tablet has completely dissolved
- Talking while the tablet is dissolving can affect how well the medicine in ZUBSOLV is absorbed
- If you miss a dose of ZUBSOLV, take your medicine when you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time unless your doctor tells you to. If you are not sure about your dosing, call your doctor
- Do not stop taking ZUBSOLV suddenly. You could become sick and have withdrawal symptoms because your body has become used to the medicine. Physical dependence is not the same as drug addiction. Your doctor can tell you more about the differences between physical dependence and drug addiction. To have fewer withdrawal symptoms, ask your doctor how to stop using ZUBSOLV the right way
- If you take too much ZUBSOLV go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away
- Store ZUBSOLV at room temperature, ideally between 68°F and 77°F, which is 20°C to 25°C. Shorter periods of time within a range of 59°F to 86°F
(15°C-30°C) are acceptable
- Keep ZUBSOLV in a safe place, out of the sight and reach of children, to help minimize the risk of unintended pediatric exposure
Please see the Medication Guide for more information on the safe use of ZUBSOLV sublingual tablets.